* We are an industry-leading specialist valuation team focussed solely on the student housing sector. We have the largest dedicated London-based valuation team in the student sector and have fully experienced sector valuers in our national network. We seek to create advantage for all our clients from a combination of accurate valuations, reliable delivery, up-to-date market intelligence, benchmark data and our wider network of industry contacts.
Our track record is second to none: We are the retained valuer to the Unite UK Student Accommodation Fund, The IQ Fund, The Curlew Fund, Empiric Student Property Plc and to all the UK institutions with sector exposure. We provide regular and one-off advice to the full range of lenders in today’s marketplace.
Our Expert Advisers
- Deep knowledge of the direct let market
- Ability to understand complex structures and clarify them in market terms
- Wider network of industry contacts
- Dedicated team of eight people with specialist sector experience
Our Specialist Services
- Specialist expertise in appraising annuity-style and long lease structures
- Buy side due diligence and bid advice
- Regular valuations for fund managers
- Detailed reports for lends and investors
- Development appraisals and viability advice
- Demand surveys for bond issues and planning applications
- Valuation cash flow modelling at asset and portfolio level
- Demand, supply and pipeline analysis for every major university town
In a year where the Election result and Brexit have dominated the headlines, both of which have potential implications for Higher Education in the UK, investment in the student accommodation has continued to be strong.
This in-depth report provides insight on the key trends our experts believe will affect the UK property industry over the next 12 months.
While 2016 saw decreased activity from institutional investment, consolidation of larger platforms and the appetite for indirect investment meant sector players dominated the market.