Senior Director, UK Valuation & Advisory Services
+44 207 182 2689
Retail Sector to move All Property Indices negative in Q4.
- Reducing rents and weaker yields continue to pull down capital values in the High Street, Shopping Centre and out of town retail sub sectors.
- Demand from private investors and Councils is for low risk, ie. rack rented, prime, assets.
- Industrial continues to evolve with occupational demand in the logistics and distribution sectors growing, but reducing from retailers.
- Investor demand for single units remains good, but more restricted than for multi-let South East estates.
- South East office sector has seen a flood of new stock offered, the majority secondary by location, condition or income.
- Regionally, demand remains strong but with limited opportunities in core cities.