Senior Director, UK Valuation & Advisory Services
+44 207 182 2689
Property values stable outside the retail sector
- Further bad news from retailers and rumoured CVAs in the pipeline continue to undermine investor confidence in the retail sector.
- Core locations and sustainable rents attract investors looking to de-risk. Vacant retail requires a development angle to attract interest.
- Demand strongest for South East multi let industrial opportunities where rental growth prospects are perceived to be better.
- Distribution units single let to retailers proving less attractive.
- Central London looking quiet in Q1, much like last year, until political clarity emerges. Expectations are positive for the year as a whole.
- Limited new stock in South East and regional markets with stronger interest in established town centre locations