Senior Director, UK Valuation & Advisory Services
+44 207 182 2689
Market slowly coming to life after a quiet summer
- With very limited activity during August and early days in September, there is very little new stock in the market to influence yield trends or alter the themes of the past few months.
- As we head towards Q4 and the year end, demand for industrials continues to dwarf the limited availability and command strong yields particularly where there is reversionary potential.
- Central London activity picked up in Q2 but remains dominated by mainly Asian overseas investors.
- Retail remains weak with worries continuing over occupiers and rental levels. Some retail parks are trading but the High Street is very difficult.
- South East and regional offices are seeing reasonable activity and new stock coming to market.